Congratulations on your recent engagement!
We invite you to explore Breathtaking Architecture, Extraordinary Add-Ons & Custom Décor for Your Dream Wedding Day …
- Cross back chairs and tables included
- Custom wedding décor and design team
- 24/7 Security and Free Parking
- Multi props/furniture with custom floor plan options
- Indoor-Outdoor weddings
- You can choose from Our In-house Top NY/NJ Caterers or BYO Wedding Vendors
- This is a Wedding Venue with BYO Alcohol
- Multiple Ceremony - Cocktail and Reception Options
- Exciting Special Membership Events
- Setup and Cleanup Included
- Wedding suites on your wedding night
- Uplighting that completely transforms your reception space
- Trolleys for transportation to enhance your experience
- Perfect settings and ambiance
- Iconic - unforgettable photo backdrops
- Early access and the Afterparty Included
- Honorary Membership Benefits and Access
- TheArtFactory Wedding Planning Team
- Food and Wine Tasting Events
WHERE TO START?
No matter what size or style of wedding celebration you’re planning, one of the all-important steps to getting properly, legally married is navigating the process of obtaining and certifying your marriage license. And if you are tying the knot in New Jersey, your future life together will not be recognized as a legal union without a New Jersey marriage license.
Where and When to Go
The state’s 72-hour waiting period between filing your application to obtain your license and your actual wedding date has been reinstated—which means that, while you can apply for your license up to six months before your wedding date. If you’re getting married over the weekend, usually Tuesday is the latest I would recommend applying for your license because, technically, you won’t get your license until Friday.
Bring Your Documentation
To initiate the process, an in-office visit or appointment is required, with both partners prepared to provide the following paperwork, as well as proof of identification of an accompanying witness:
- Proof of Identity. You can prove your identity with a valid state or federal ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Proof of Residency. You only need to show proof of residency for one applicant if they are a New Jersey resident.
- Social Security Card. U.S. citizens will have to show proof of their Social Security number.
- Witness. Couples must bring a witness 18 years of age or older to obtain their marriage license.
- Money. The application fee for a New Jersey marriage license costs $28.
How to apply for a marriage license
Complete the marriage license application form. You may also get an application form at the Local Registrar’s office. Do not sign the marriage application form before going to the Local Registrar. You must sign the application, under oath, in the presence of the issuing authority.
Requirements for entering into a marriage
The following criteria must be met before two people can enter a marriage:
- Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this state or recognized by this state
- Be at least 18 years of age.
Where to apply
Apply for the marriage license in the New Jersey municipality where either party resides. The license is valid throughout New Jersey. If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed.
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
- Proof of residency by one applicant if a NJ resident
- Social Security number
- A witness, 18 years of age or older
- The $28 application fee
The good news is that TheArtFactory team will begin to dive into wedding planning as soon as you pick a date and share your vision!
Envision the type of wedding you both want—maybe it's the event of your childhood dreams or one that reflects your current tastes and mood of the wedding
Just sit down with your fiancé and ask yourself some questions:
What colors do you gravitate toward?
Are you obsessed with a certain flower?
What song lyric or poem moves you the most?
Do you have a pet? have your dog play ring bearer.
Explore our Knowledge Base, Blog and Themes and choose final table scape and ceremonial arch for TheArtFactory team to create a sample
Determine the approximate number of gusts and upload this information into the planning app so TheArtFactory team can follow up with your floor plan
TheArtFactory team will present you with a preliminary floor plan, table scape based on your ideas which was previously uploaded under your docs and files
There is nothing more important than running through your ceremony in advance. TheArtFactory team will assist you with rehearsal so you and your partner can get the feel of the ceremony and make any changes, learn the order of the day and have a sense of what your wedding day will be like.
If you wish to schedule your Final Walkthrough that's possible as well just note that under your Logistics in your planning app and TheArtFactory team will accommodate